The College started functioning from 10th August, 1959; the foundation stone for the college Main Building was laid on 13th October, 1959 by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of India. It was declared open on 21st November, 1968 by Sri. K Brahmananda Reddy, the Chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
At first three conventional disciplines of Civil engineering, electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering were offered with an intake of 40 in each leading to to the degree of Bachelor of Engineering (B.E). Subsequently new disciplines were introduced in tune with the emerging trends and needs Electronics and Communication Engineering in 1971-72, Chemical Engineering in 1977-78 and Computer Science and Engineering in 1986-87. The discipline of Electrical engineering was renamed as Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Part time degree course for diploma holders and serving engineers was run for a number of years from 1973-74 until recently in three conventional disciplines of Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communications.
Sri Venkateswara University College of Engineering was established as a constituent college of the Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, in the year 1959.Tirupati, the temple town lies at foot-hills of Tirumala, the abode of Sri Venkateswara, the Lord of Seven-hills. The University is situated on the highway to Chittoor, the District Headquarters.The University’s sprawling campus has a serene setting between the hills and the highway.
|Course Name||Apply Now|
|Master of Science|
|Diploma in Computer Application|
|Master of Arts|
|Master of Commerce (M.COM)|
|Master of Social Work (MSW)|
|Master of Library Science|
|Bachelor of Library Science|
|Bachelor of Arts (BA)|
|Bachelor of Arts(BA)- HONOURS|
|Bachelor in Mass Communication|
|Master in Mass Communication|
|Bachelor of Social Work|
|Bachelor of Fine Art (BFA)|
|Master of Fine Art (MFA)|
Also Available At